Law students can gain experience through LAW in a number of ways:
- Summer Employment — Full-time employment for the summer is available for students following their first or second-year of law school.
- Following completion of their employment, summer students spend an academic term at the Clinic.
- Students may also spend an academic term at the Clinic independently of summer employment.
Law students with LAW have the opportunity to conduct file work and provide direct client service and representation in administrative tribunal hearings involving:
- Social assistance and disability benefits;
- Landlord and tenant;
- Criminal injuries compensation;
- The I Decide project;
- Human trafficking; and