Legal Assistance of Windsor is seeking a Full-Time Project Coordinator (Anti Human Trafficking)
This is a 6 month contract with potential extensions-contingent on funding.
MINIMUM HIRING REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related program from a recognized university
• Previous experience in working with victims of crime and/or newcomers to Canada
• Strong administrative, presentation, clinical and advocacy skills are essential
Reports to the Coordinator of Social Work Services and consults on an ongoing basis with the Coordinating Committee. Provides intake, assessment, counselling, case management, crisis intervention, advocacy and referral services. Significant community outreach and public education. Other duties as assigned.
DUTY OR RESPONSIBILITY: Intake and Casework
• Interviews clients to identify elements of human trafficking or other forms of abuse/exploitation.
• Provides assessments, recommendations, referrals and decisions for clients, based upon training and professional knowledge base.
• Assesses client’s physical, emotional, social and developmental needs and develops an appropriate plan of treatment/action.
• Provides short term professional counselling.
• Provides crisis intervention by counselling and facilitating problem resolution for clients and staff, often involving coordination of services with outside agencies.
• Acts as an advocate for clients’ rights to services and benefits.
DUTY OR RESPONSIBILITY: Administration
• Follows all office policies and procedures, including recording and maintaining files.
• Attends committee meetings.
• Prepares agendas, minutes as required
DUTY OR RESPONSIBILITY: Community Services
• Carries out liaison with community groups, agencies and professionals to facilitate clinic/client needs by sharing and obtaining resources and information.
• Develops and disseminates written educational material and public education Conducts oral presentations and education to community and service providers
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume with covering letter by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 20, 2017 to: